25 Insane Things You Might Not Know About Russia – ALUX.COM
Full Article: http://www.alux.com/things-you-might-not-know-about-russia/
• What’s the craziest law in Russia?
• What’s so crazy about Russia?
• What insane things can I see in Russia?
#alux #travel #russia
25 Insane Things You Might Not Know About Russia!
With the recent crisis in Ukraine, Russia has been in the news quite a bit so here are some facts that might surprise you about the largest country on Earth!
1. Over 500,000 people die in alcohol related deaths in Russia every year.
2. 1 in 4 Russian men die before the age of 55.
3. Studies correlate this to Vodka consumption. The average russian consumes 18 liters of alcohol annually which is over two times what experts consider life threatening.
4. During bad economic times, teachers have been paid in Vodka.
5. Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage until 2013.
6. Back In 1867 Russia sold Alaska to the United States for less than 2 cents an acre, that’s around 7.2 Million dollars.
7. Siberia accounts for 3 quarters of the country.
8. Russia accounts for 20% of the world’s forest area and a 5th of the world’s freshwater resources.
9. The TransSiberian Railway is the single longest railway in the world crossing over 8 timezones.
10. The largest McDonalds in the world is found in Russia, with over 700 seats available.
11. Crime rate in Russia is twice as high as in the United States
12. 2 in 3 journalist deaths in Russia since 1992 have been murders, weird coincidence right?
13. Russia and Japan are still technically at War since World War 2! Due to a dispute over the Kuril Islands they have yet to sign a peace treaty!
14. The Russian army has 8400 nuclear warheads which is more than any other nation.
15. During Peter the Great’s reign there was a beard tax in place which anyone with a beard had to pay.
16. The mayor of a city in Siberia actually banned excuses.
17. Driving around with a dirty car is a criminal offense.
18. In Russia it is illegal to tell kids that Gay people exist!
19. Russia has at least 15 “secret cities” with unknown names and locations on its territory.
20. Around 9 million people ride the Moscow metro every day. More than New York and London combined.
21. Moscow’s superrich buy custom ambulances on the black market and use them to drive around because the traffic is so bad.
22. Russian billionaire Roman Abromavich owns Eclipse, the most expensive yacht in the world worth over 800 million dollars.
23. During the 2012 election (when Putin was elected for a third term), one region registered a voting turnout of 146%.
24. Apple is worth more than the entire Russian stock market.
25. At Ealuxe.com we estimate Vladimir Putin to be the richest man in the world with an unconfirmed net worth of over $70 Billion.
Ealuxe.com is the fastest growing, trusted, online community for luxury enthusiasts to discover, learn and enjoy quality content on the topics that most interest them. Visit us at: www.ALUX.COM
Or join the conversation on social media:
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ealuxe –
SUBSCRIBE to ALUX: https://goo.gl/KPRQT8
WATCH MORE VIDEOS ON ALUX.COM!
Most Expensive Things: https://goo.gl/09XcYJ
Luxury Cars: https://goo.gl/eOUgfS
Becoming a Billionaire: https://goo.gl/rRLgJI
World’s Richest: https://goo.gl/m6emkX
Inspiring People: https://goo.gl/KxqTdL
Travel the World: https://goo.gl/g5BGmm
Dark Luxury: https://goo.gl/20ZsSt
Celebrity Videos: https://goo.gl/0cs6sx
Businesses & Brands: https://goo.gl/otHsTB
Alux.com is the largest community of luxury & fine living enthusiasts in the world. We are the #1 online resource for ranking the most expensive things in the world and frequently refferenced in publications such as Forbes, USAToday, Wikipedia and many more, as the GO-TO destination for luxury content!
Our website: https://www.alux.com is the largest social network for people who are passionate about LUXURY! Join today!